Pro Sanctis et Fidelibus

Friday, June 02, 2006

Tread, Holy Feet, upon my heart

Yesterday was an eventful day not the least because I managed to rescue a large rosary from an op-shop and in the process got more than I intended. For you see the original corpus had been damaged and our Lord was without His sacred feet.

The shopkeeper was prepared to offer me a quarter off the price because the rosary had been marked as in good condition and it was therefore a case of false advertising. I agreed and was about to take leave of the store, when the shopkeeper said she might have another crucifix inside and proceeded to uncover a slight larger, albeit plastic, one. I took both items at a quarter off and later while eating ice cream proceeded to exchange the crucifixes. The new crucifix is shown below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home