Pro Sanctis et Fidelibus

Friday, June 23, 2006

The clock has past midnight and it is the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, so meek and humble that it was wounded for love of us.

St. Bonaventure bids us "cease not our vigilance, place there our lips, and drink the waters from the fount of salvation". For our Lord said, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me and drink."Again "because it is good for us to be here, let us not too soon turn away therefrom". For our Lord said, "Come unto me, all ye that travail and are heavy laden, and I will refresh you." Finally "let us who are in the flesh love in return, as much as we can, him who so loveth, embrace our wounded one; let us pray that he may deign to bind our hearts, still hard and impenitent, with the chain of his love, and wound them with the dart thereof". For our Lord said to St. Margaret Mary, "Look at this Heart which has loved men so much, and yet men do not want to love Me in return."

I will add another post for today's feast but in the interim I conclude with a favourite prayer, the Thirty-Three Salutations to the Sacred Heart by St. Margaret Mary.

HAIL, Heart of my Jesus, save me!
Hail, Heart of my Savior, deliver me!
Hail, Heart of my Judge, pardon me!
Hail, Heart of my Spouse, love me!
Hail, Heart of my Master, teach me!
Hail, Heart of my King, crown me!
Hail, Heart of my Benefactor, enrich me!
Hail, Heart of my Pastor, keep me!
Hail, Heart of my Friend, caress me!
Hail, Heart of the Infant Jesus, attract me!
Hail, Heart of Jesus dying on the Cross, atone for me!
Hail, Heart of Jesus in all its Conditions, give Thyself to me!
Hail, Heart of my Brother, remain with me!
Hail, Heart of incomparable Goodness, forgive me!
Hail, Heart most Glorious, shine forth in me!
Hail, Heart most Amiable, inflame me!
Hail, Heart most Charitable, work in me!
Hail, Heart most Merciful, answer for me!
Hail, Heart most Humble, repose in me!
Hail, Heart most Patient, bear with me!
Hail, Heart most Faithful, make satisfaction for me!
Hail, Heart most Adorable and most Worthy, bless me!
Hail, Heart most Peaceful, calm me!
Hail, Heart most Desirable and most Beautiful, delight me!
Hail, Heart most Illustrious and most Perfect, ennoble me!
Hail, Heart most Holy, Balm most Precious, preserve and sanctify me!
Hail, Heart most Holy and most Salutary, reform me!
Hail, Heart most Blessed, true Physician and Remedy for all our ills, heal me!
Hail, Heart of Jesus, Consolation of the afflicted, comfort me!
Hail, Heart most loving, ardent Furnace burning with Love, consume me!
Hail, Heart of Jesus, Model of Perfection, enlighten me!
Hail, Divine Heart, Source of all Happiness, strengthen me!
Hail, Heart of eternal Benediction, call me to Thee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home